This tutorial will introduce users to the steps necessary when recording audio as part of an interview with your iOS device, Smartphone or Tablet. While the tutorial will cover a broad range of techniques and methods it may be possible that your specific phone or device is not covered in full by this tutorial.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB. If you’re using an iPad or iPhone Open iTunes.
- Select the name of your phone in the Sidebar.
- Across the top of the iTunes window, click Apps.
- Scroll down until you see the window labeled “File Sharing.”
- In that window, you should see a list of apps that share files from the phone to the computer. Look for the name of the app. Click the icon of the app. A list of the files you’ve made with the app will display on the right hand side.
- Highlight the files you want to download. To download only one, click once on the name of that file.
- To download more than one at a time, click on one, then hold down the Command key and click on any of the other files, one at a time.
- In the bottom right of the file window, click “Save to…”. - In the window that pops up, select the location where you’d like to save the files.
- Once you’ve downloaded the file, rename it using the name of the interviewee and date of interview “Lastname-Firstname-YYYYMMDD.wav”.