“Reel to Real” The Oral History Centre Official Opening
Attendees at the Oral History Centre Grand Opening, 2013.
The Oral History Centre held its official opening last night at the University of Winnipeg with many University staff, donors, faculty and community members and students in attendance. Several projects were on display throughout the night that gave attendees and insight into the Centres progress and mission for the future. The night also featured the opening of our state of the art digital recording studio and oral history lab in addition to the new classroom and function area. It was also a night to officially launch the Oral History Centre website which will be updated as the year progresses with learning resources, tutorials and projects that are created with our new equipment.
The Oral History Centre staff, Dr Alexander Freund, Dr Nolan Reilly, Angela Armstrong, Kent Davies and Chris Hopgood would like to thank the following people for their hard work and dedication with the Oral History Centre. Without your belief in the Centre last night would not of been possible.
- Sandy and Debbie Riley
- Garry Leach
- Lawrie and Gordon Pollard and the Pollard Family Foundation
- Abe Arnold and Bertha Arnold
- Richard Bonnycastle
- Jim Burns
- Lloyd Axworthy
- Jeremy Read
- Neil Besner
- Glenn Moulaison
- Eliakim Sibanda and History Department
- The Oral History Centre Students Association
- Communications, especially Nanice Ibrahim
- Keith Bellamy
- The University of Winnipeg Foundation, especially Susan Thompson, Janet Walker, Teresa Murray, Todd Pennell and Brian Daly
- John Mainer and Arly Samson
- Technical Services Centre, esp. Brian Howelko and Napoleon Legapsi
- Physical Plant
- Leanne Garland
- Bee Clean, especially Julie and Joe
Founding Donors of the Oral History Centre, pictured with UWinnipeg President Lloyd Axworthy (3rd L), and OHC Directors Nolan Reilly (L) and Alexander Freund (R).
OHC Staff Member Angela Armstrong at the Oral History Centre Grand Opening, 2013.
Researcher Allison Penner gives a tour of the Oral History Centre’s new Interview space.
Janet Walker and Lawrie Pollard at the Oral History Centre Grand Opening, 2013.
Scott Price displays his project on the Winnipeg labor strikes at the Oral History Centre Grand Opening, 2013.