Job Posting: Oral History Project Manager
The UW Archives is currently seeking a full-time Project Manager for the second phase of the Two-Spirit Oral History Project.
Application deadline: August 10, 2022.
Apply for this position using the University of Winnipeg job portal.
$21.78 – $28.90 + 6% vacation pay
August 29, 2022
35 hours per week
- Manage the recording, transcription, and syncing of oral history interviews with local Two-Spirit Elders and Knowledge-Keepers.
- Identify potential interviewees.
- Recruit, supervise and direct oral history interviewers.
- Conduct and record interviews.
- Collect, organize, and maintain recordings and collection documentation (consent forms, copyright agreements, metadata spreadsheets) from all interviewers.
- Create interview transcripts, indexes and summaries.
- Collect any accompanying documentation such as photographs and negotiate transfer to the Archives.
- Catalogue project and interview data.
- Coordinate and consult with relevant stakeholders including members of the Two-Spirit Archives Advisory Council, interviewers, interviewees, and Oral History Centre/Archives staff.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in History, Archival Studies, or Indigenous Studies, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Experience in the use of a variety of word-processing, database, and spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate.
- Knowledge of oral history and/or archives methods and best practices is preferred.
- Knowledge of Indigenous story-telling and oral tradition and culture is preferred.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a research environment is preferred.
- Experience with Oral History Metadata Synchronizer (OHMS) software is an asset.
- Experience with Access to Memory (AtoM) database is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license is an asset.
An equivalent combination of education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities may be considered.
To Apply proceed to University of Winnipeg job portal.